Monday, November 26, 2012

WENDY & MICHAEL

When Michael contacted me from CA to photograph his small wedding in Ft. Tyron Park in NY, I jumped at the opportunity. I love photographing these intimate celebrations, and I wasn't expecting the excitement that was to come. The wedding was scheduled for 4 pm - on the day hurricane Sandy was due to show up. That morning, we found out all NY parks were closing at 5, and I received a phone call from the bride at 8:30 am asking if I could be there at 11 am instead of 4 pm. It was a bit crazy, but somehow they pulled it off. The ceremony took place on a hill overlooking the Hudson, and the dinner turned into brunch at the beautiful New Leaf Cafe. The colors in the park were perfect for photographs, and the breeze that was to become Sandy made it all even lovelier. Congratulations Wendy & Michael. Your special day is one many of us will never forget!





No comments: